City of Cockburn, PO Box 1215, Bibra Lake DC, Western Australia, 6965
Telephone: (08) 9411 3444


A crossover is the part of the driveway from the kerb line to property line. Property owners are free to select their own contractor to build the crossover in accordance with City of Cockburn Crossover Specifications in concrete, brick paving, aggregate or bitumen. We recommend that crossover for new homes be included as part of the driveway construction.

Crossover Approval
Under the provisions of Schedule 9.1, clause 7 of the Local Government Act 1995 and the Local Government (Uniform Local Provisions) Regulations 1996, Landowners must make an application to the City of Cockburn for approval to construct a crossover.

Crossover Applications for changes to an existing crossover or the construction of a new crossover can be made by filing in the Crossover Construction Application Form. 

Please note the application process can take up to 5 business days.

Council Contribution
Council provides a one off contribution of $300 towards the cost of crossovers. This can be claimed on completion of the crossover by submitting a 
Claim Form.

Applying For A Crossover Contribution

Simply follow the directions below, for a Council contribution on your crossover, when a private contractor has completed the crossover. 

To apply for payment of Council Contribution for a crossover, a written application, consisting of the following information, must be received by the City of Cockburn:

  • Owners Name
  • Address where crossover was constructed
  • Current Postal Address
  • Materials used
  • Signature of Owner
  • Bank Account Number & BSB Number
  • Claim Form - You can d/load this Form to make sure you fill out all the above details and then forward into council.

If the crossover has been constructed with brick pavers, a receipt or delivery docket for the limestone used in the construction is also required.

On receipt of claim letters the crossover will be inspected and Finance Department will be advised. Payment of Council Contribution is via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) ONLY. In order to receive payment, your bank details MUST be provided.

You will receive a remittance advice in the mail once payment has been processed to your nominated account. If bank details are not provided the form will be returned to you, delaying payment of the contribution.

Council ceased collecting a crossover fee on the building licence in July 1995.

Posting in:

Chief Executive Officer
City of Cockburn
PO Box 1215

Handing in:

Chief Executive Officer
City of Cockburn
9 Coleville Crescent